The High School for Health Professions and Human Services
In September 2011, CDI and MC launched a partnership with the 1,800-student The High School for Health Professions and Human Services (HPHS), located on 15th Street. CDI and MC are partnering with HPHS to offer their students the same kind of intensive, individualized college services that have helped MC students succeed for over 20 years. As part of the CDI Network along with MC and CAS, HPHS will share costs, resources, expertise and programming that meet the specific needs of the school’s student body and brings expanded opportunities to all of our students.
Our goal? To open the door to success for thousands more disadvantaged young adults across New York City. These students need easily accessible, comprehensive support services to succeed. Most NYC public high school simply do not have the budget, time, or experience to make these services available. As a nonprofit organization, CDI has experience raising funds outside the DOE budget, and creating partnerships with community organizations to help provide intensive and individualized support services.
2011-12 College Services at HPHS
- 3 full time CDI staff members on-site at HPHS
- One-on-one college guidance for all graduating students
- Assistance with college applications, financial aid and scholarship information
- SAT/ACT prep
- College fairs and awareness activities for all students grades 9-12 and their families
- Campus visits
- Information on education alternatives
2012-2013 Expanded College and Career Services at HPHS
- 6 full time CDI staff members on-site at HPHS
- Intensive internships
- Career counseling
- Connecting students with job training and placement opportunities